This recipe requires only boiled water (for the egg) and a frying pan to slow-cook the beetroot.
- Egg (1)
- Cooked beetroot (1/2) I buy it ready-made (without the skin)
- Olive oil
- Fresh herbs (be creative): rosemary, thyme, oregano, basil, ground coriander seeds
- Dash of garlic (optional)
- salt, black pepper to taste
1. Make the poached egg, leave aside. Directions (how to prepare a poached egg) see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAWduxoCgVk
2. Grate the cooked beetroot.
3. Mince garlic and herbs, mix all with beetroot
3. Heat the pan (medium), add a bit of olive oil, add beetroot mixture
3. Cook for about 10 minutes, add salt and pepper at the end
4. Split your plate in 2 parts, serve beetroot on 1 half, garnish it with sprouts, serve the egg on the other part.
Optional: for a more nourishing version: cook lentils and serve the egg on the bed of lentils.